The move out process is very important. Following the steps below will help guarantee the full refund of your security deposit.
We will only make deductions from your security deposit for just causes. These deductions include any replacement of damaged or missing fixtures, appliance damage or other items provided by the owner. Deductions for labor include cleaning, patching, repairs, etc. If you do not clean or repair damaged areas prior to moving out, charges will be deducted from your security deposit based on the move out process sheet provided at the time of property rental. Items not on the list will be charged on a cost/labor basis.
Move Out Tips
Below are just a few tips to follow to insure a full refund of your security deposit…
• Stove: Clean top burners, oven, broiler and vent hood
• Dishwasher: Clean the front and the inside
• Refrigerator: Clean inside (including drawers), outside, underneath and behind. Remove any water left in drawers. Remove any ice from icemakers
• Sinks, Counters and Cupboards – Wiped down and Clean
• Clean sink, tub, counter tops, cabinets, toilet, mirror and floor
• Remove any hair from drains
Vacuum carpet and mop floors
Wipe down all doors
Cabinets/Closets: Wipe down with damp cloth, remove all items
Window Area: Dust blinds, wash drapes and clean windows
Walls: Remove nails, patch holes, clean dirt marks, scuff marks and finger and hand prints
Fireplace: Clean inside, outside and remove all ashes
Ceiling Fans and Light Fixtures: Clean blades and light covers. Replace any missing or burned out bulbs
Sweep porches and patios, pick up any trash
Garage: Sweep floor, clean any fluids that may have leaked from vehicles
Anything else that you feel might cause a deduction from your security deposit… clean. Call us with any questions as this will allow you the opportunity to take care of any questionable items.